IAPT Website: Request for Content Contribution
As per the discussion in the General House at IAPT Conference in Bangalore and subsequent discussion with President, General Secretary and other IAPT EC members, the beta version of the IAPT website has been launched since 20.1.2009. All the members are requested to browse the web site and give their valuable comments/suggestions about the structure of the website to meet the expectations, needs and its reach among the target groups. The URL of the website is:
The content of the web site needs to be updated on various pages, which is being undertaken after getting information from various sources within the framework of IAPT. However, to begin with, for the following links on the website content is solicited from all the members. These are listed below:
Web links submitted by the members: These are the useful links under various heads found by the members and can benefit the physics teachers, students and researchers
- Physics related links
- Physics Education related links
- Physics Education Research related links
- Physics e-resources
- Free down loadable physics e-books
- Physics Simulations
- Physics virtual laboratories
- Open Coursewares in physics for schools, colleges and universities.
- Information about different activities in various areas of physics, such as conferences, symposia, conventions, workshops and schools
- Articles submitted by the members: Under this link articles on various topics are invited under various themes related to
- IAPT and its work and people in the last 25 years in a reminiscent mode especially by founder members, senior members, past presidents, past general secretaries and other involved people
- Picture gallery of the mile stone events/ people of the last 25 years of the IAPT work
- Time line of the various activities of IAPT.
- Picture gallery of Noble laureates in Physics with small write-ups
- Articles related to developments to be organized in various categories such as
i. Physics research at the frontiers
ii. Physics education research
iii. Innovative ideas in curriculum development
iv. Profiles of Physics teachers, researchers and innovators3. Quote of the day: It is a collection of quotes by eminent physicists, scientists for display on the home page of the web site. You can send such interesting quotes to create a repository to be displayed randomly under this title4. A separate format is being devised to display information related to various activities of the regional/ sub council by Dr. Bhupati Chakravarti.
Please send your feedback, contributions on all the above points at the following e-mail address:
Your contributions can really help the site to evolve over a period of time as a useful link to connect with each other meaningfully.